Moving on to blue pastures
Today I was offered a position on the "Blue Team" with my current employer. I interviewed for the position last Tuesday and did not expect a decision until next week. The method used for informing was quite comical. My company had a site meeting with all employees assigned to our remote office present. After eating lunch, the site director talks about current and future events. She started talking about moving around within the company and said "For example, we just had a member from AS&W move to the Blue Team, John Collins."
Immediately, I felt dozens of sets of eyes staring at me because only about 10 people knew, and I wasn't one of them. Everyone from my current office, AS&W, started whispering to each other like someone just pulled their pants down. I just keep looking at the director and kept a straight face like I knew already!
After the meeting was over, everyone really got a kick out of me finding out when they did. My division chief apologized but thought it was pretty funny too.
So, what does the Blue Team do? There isn't a lot of documentation on the Internet about it, but they are responsible for vulnerability assessments for an organization. The Red Team, aka penetration testing, is more widely known and they follow up the Blue Team's finding to see if the target organization repaired the vulnerabilities.
My goal is become a Red Team member, but I have to pay my dues and learn some programming and scripting in the meantime. The traveling is pretty grueling but the pay is very good. I guess there is trade off with everything. Once I get started I'll definitely let everyone know how it is.
OUT
Immediately, I felt dozens of sets of eyes staring at me because only about 10 people knew, and I wasn't one of them. Everyone from my current office, AS&W, started whispering to each other like someone just pulled their pants down. I just keep looking at the director and kept a straight face like I knew already!
After the meeting was over, everyone really got a kick out of me finding out when they did. My division chief apologized but thought it was pretty funny too.
So, what does the Blue Team do? There isn't a lot of documentation on the Internet about it, but they are responsible for vulnerability assessments for an organization. The Red Team, aka penetration testing, is more widely known and they follow up the Blue Team's finding to see if the target organization repaired the vulnerabilities.
My goal is become a Red Team member, but I have to pay my dues and learn some programming and scripting in the meantime. The traveling is pretty grueling but the pay is very good. I guess there is trade off with everything. Once I get started I'll definitely let everyone know how it is.
OUT


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home